” 5 WEEKS WORKSHOP (for adults)” at Artcore
£20 PER SESSION
This course is ideal for beginners with an interest in ceramics and who wish to participate in an enjoyable practical ceramics experience.
You will learn different hand building techniques along with an understanding of the different types of clay and trying your hands at pot throwing. You can make tiles, pots, portraits, brooches, hanging ornaments, tea light holders… or pretty much anything you want! You will design and develop a final piece, which will be linked to your research and sketchbook practice.
The course will cover the following elements:
- Understanding of clay and preparation
- Learn three hand bulding techniques and developing basic forms
- Having a go at throwing and centering on potters wheel
- Surface decoration techniques
- Design and create your own piece